Sunday 20 October 2013

Comparing Different Genre Trailers

I have been looking at trailers for comedy films and comparing them to the trailers in the genre of horror, this is so I can compare them and see the difference between them. The music for comedy trailers are more upbeat and cheerful, the music used has a huge effect of the trailer, on horror trailers it is usually slow and deep, it suggests darkness. The colour schemes in horror are also a lot darker than they are in any other genre of film. The editing in horror trailers has a massive impact on how scary it is, they usually start slowly and then speed up and each shot used is very short. Whereas in comedy trailers the pace is steady and is the same all the way through. I have looked at comedy as it is the complete opposite to horror and I want to make sure that I use all the correct conventions for horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment